Adding billing lines
At any point while you are editing the billing information for a document, you can manually add billing lines.
Billing lines that you add manually are not linked to specific line items on the document, and are not created based on billing policies that you may have set up for the Owner listed on the document. They are simply additional charges that will be listed for this document.
To manually add billing lines:
- Go to the Edit Billing screen. The Billing tab is in the middle of the screen.
- In the Billing tab, select Add up above.
- The Add Charge Type screen appears. Check the checkbox next to a charge type in the list.
- To search for a specific charge type, enter all or part of the Name or GL Account # of the charge type and click Search.
- Select OK. The Add Charge Type screen closes.
- A new billing line is added to the table. Key in the Qty and Rate and a Description of the charge. (The total amount billed for the line will be Qty * Rate.)
For example, you might enter a Qty of 1, a Rate of $2.00, and a Description of "special processing fee for changes made to partially shipped order".
- Select Save or Save and Continue Editing to continue.