Changing a shipment item
Picking is the process of selecting shipment items from inventory. On some occasions, the item indicated by the pick policy is not the item you physically select from inventory. In this case, you can manually change the pick order for a specific item, and tell the system which item you actually selected from inventory.
To change a shipment item:
- From an Express shipment or Saved shipment, on the Shipment items list, click the check box to the left of a shipment item.
- Select Change Item.. up top. A Change Item screen appears, listing all available inventory items.
- Below Matching Results, you'll see inventory items for the same item number, split out by license number and location. If no lines appear, the item number does not have any more quantities in a different license number and/or location.
Note: You can check the Show Allocated Inventory checkbox to show those inventory items that are recommended by this pick policy but already reserved for another transaction. You cannot add allocated items to your shipment; however, you can use the Inventory by Item report to track down the other operations that need this item. For example, your shipment may be high priority, and other operations should be cancelled or delayed so that you can use this particular item on your shipment.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the new inventory item.
- Click OK. The new inventory item replaces the old one on your shipment.
Note: The newly selected inventory item is soft allocated to your shipment the next time you Save the shipment.
Note: If you defined custom fields, check the shipment item on the left and select Edit... above to enter the fields. Default values are as defined under Administration>Custom Fields, in the Business Process Details section for each custom field, just as when are adding a shipment item.