Starting a pick
Picking is a two-step process:
- Pick the items from their original location; the items sit on the cart or forklift as you travel through the warehouse. This action is called Pick Start.
- Drop the items off at their destination location. This action is called Pick Finish.
SmartTurn allows you to record this two-step process if desired. All lines on a pick ticket must be Pick Finished, indicating that they have been delivered to their final destination (staging area or packing station). Optionally, you can Pick Start each line first, to indicate that it has been removed from its storage location and is now in transit.
To start a pick:
- In the Pick Ticket Items table, select
Pick View from the view drop-down in the table toolbar.
- Locate the item you are picking in the table. Confirm the Qty Picked.
If you are picking less than the Qty Picked, you need to change views first. See Picking Short.
- Check the checkbox next to the item. Select Pick Start from the toolbar.
: Check the checkbox next to all of the items you are picking. Select Pick Start from the toolbar.
- The inventory is moved to the Transit Location. It remains soft allocated to this wave. The line item Status changes to
Important: You cannot 'undo' a Pick Start. For example, selecting Cancel from the bottom of the Edit Pick Ticket page does not move the inventory back to its original location. When you select Pick Start, the system automatically performs a Save and Continue Editing.