Assigning a license number to a receipt item
You can assign license numbers to receipt items in two different ways:
Receiving>Receive Purchase Orders, then click Receive up above
Ordering>Purchase Orders, then highlight a PO and double-click to view details. On the View Purchase Order #: PO-nnn screen, down below under PO Items, check each line and click Receive selected
Receiving>View Receipts, then click Add Blind Receipt up above
To assign a license number to a receipt item:
- Enter the license number in the Lic # field in the Receipt Items table. Repeat as you like for other items.
- Complete other receipt details.
- Click Save or Save & Continue Editing to save the receipt.
To assign a license number to multiple receipt items at the same time:
- Click the check boxes to the left of the receipt items to which you want to assign the same license number. (All the items you select must be on this page. You can repeat these steps on each page of the receipt if you have several pages of items.)
- Select Assign Lic # up above. An Assign Lic # screen appears with a list of license numbers.
- Click the check box to the left of the license you want to assign to the item. Click OK. The Receipt screen appears and the license number is assigned to the receipt item.
- Click Save or Save & Continue Editing below.
If the license you want to assign is not in the list, and you need to add it to the system:
- Click Cancel to close the Assign Lic # screen.
- Keep the receipt item selected.
- In the toolbar above the Receipt Items table, click Add New Lic #. An Add New Lic # screen appears where you can enter license number details.
- A default license number appears in the License # field. You can accept this number, or assign a unique number.
- Enter the License Reference (the owner of the license). (This is optional.)
- To place an item on hold: Select the On Hold? check box, then select a hold reason from the Hold type drop-down.
To see how holds work, see License holds.
- Click OK below. SmartTurn automatically applies the license to the selected receipt item.
Even if the receipt is cancelled, SmartTurn keeps the license number permanently added to the list of license numbers.