As part of the ongoing administration for using SmartTurn, you need to configure and maintain the following:
- Company Information - Maintain current information for your facility to pre-fill fields in sales orders and purchase orders. See Maintaining your company information.
- Business Affiliate Records - Enter a record for each business affiliate (customer, vendor/supplier, owner, carrier, broker) so that you can save time and improve accuracy by pre-populating specific documents with their contact information. This information also sets the groundwork for providing appropriate access to specific documents for role-based user security. See Managing business affiliates.
- Customer Records - Enter a record for each customer to enable lookups and pre-populating on sales orders and shipments.
- Vendor Records - Enter a record for each vendor/supplier to enable lookups and pre-populating on purchase orders, receipts and inventory items.
- Owner Records - Enter a record for each owner to enable lookups and pre-populating on purchase orders, sales orders, receipts, inventory items, and shipments.
- Carrier Records - Enter a record for each carrier to enable lookups and pre-populating on purchase orders, sales orders, receipts, and shipments.
- Broker Records - Enter a record for each broker to enable lookups and pre-populating on purchase orders, sales orders, receipts, and shipments.
- Warehouse Information - Maintain information on all of your warehouses. See Managing warehouses.
- Locations - A location is a site where you store goods. How a location is configured determines how it is used and what restrictions there are on its use, such as weight and volume limits. Locations are based on warehouses, so if you're just getting started, you will set up your warehouses before setting your locations. See Location maintenance.
- Permissions and access (Roles and Users) - Understand the basic concepts behind managing users and roles in SmartTurn. See Understanding how permissions work.
- Roles - Review the default roles and/or customize roles for your company and and third-party organizations who use SmartTurn on behalf of your company. See Managing roles.
- Users - Set up all of your system users and assign roles. See Managing users.
- Item Masters - An item master is a master record for a type of inventory item. The item master includes the item description, materials and handling specifications, and sales and fulfillment specifications. See Managing item masters.
If you are just setting up in SmartTurn, you'll have the best results if you approach the set-up in the particular sequence, noted above, from top to bottom (Company information first, then Business Affiliate records, etc.). This is because some data fields in SmartTurn rely on other data fields in SmartTurn to make sense.