Assigning a license number to inventory items
To add a license number to an inventory item:
- Select Inventory>License Numbers. A list of license numbers appears.
- Highlight the license number you want to add to some inventory items and click Edit License # up above.
- The Edit License # screen appears. More info...
- Under the License Edit Items table, click Add. An Item Search screen appears with a list of all unlicensed inventory items and their quantities. Click the check box for each item you want to add to this license number. Then click OK. The inventory lookup screen closes and the selected items are added to the License Edit Items table.
- Key in the appropriate Licensed Qty for each item.
- If the item master is set to Serial Control: Unique or Closed Container, the Licensed Qty must be set to the entire quantity of the inventory item.
Note: To change the license number of an inventory item, first remove the old license number, then use these steps to assign the new license number.
Note: Some items in your license number may not be editable in the License Edit Items table. These items are already soft allocated for another warehouse operation, such as a shipment or a bin transfer. You can use the Inventory by Item report to track down the other operations that need this item; those operations must be completed or cancelled before you make changes to the license number for the item.
- When finished, click License Edit to update the license number and the items in it.