Creating activity line manager criteria
Activity line manager criteria are filters and sorts that specify a particular subset of the activity lines from your documents, based on attributes of the lines. You can create and save activity line manager criteria, then use these criteria to create activity line managers.
To create activity line manager criteria:
- Select Operations>Activity Line Manager Criteria. A list of activity line manager criteria appears.
- Select Add up above. The Add activity line manager criteria screen appears.
- Enter a Name for your activity line manager criteria. This is required and must be unique.
- Optionally, enter a Description.
- Under Sorting, specify the order for the filtered activity lines.
This process is similar to sorting a list. When you create activity line manager criteria, you are deciding in advance how you want your list of activity lines to be sorted.
- Click Add Sorting to add a new sort order.
- From the Field drop-down, select the field to sort.
- From the Order drop-down, select whether to display the sorted items in
- Under Filtering, create the filter (search) conditions.
This process is similar to filtering a list. When you create criteria, you are filtering the list of all possible items, and you can apply several filters at once. (For example when you create inventory manager criteria, you are filtering the list of all inventory items in the system; when you create activity line manager criteria, you are filtering the list of all activity lines in the system; etc.)
Within each filtering, if you specify multiple conditions, ALL of the conditions must be true in order for a line or item to match the filtering. That is, within each filtering, conditions are "and"ed together.
Within each criteria, if you specify multiple filterings, ONE of the filterings must be true in order for a line or item to match the criteria. That is, within each criteria, filterings are "or"ed together.
- Click Add to add a new filtering. The Filter By screen appears.
- Check the checkbox to select what you want to filter by. (Later, you will select whether the filter should "include" or "exclude" the lines or items that match.)
- For each Filter By line, select how to filter. You can filter based on an exact match, a range of values, or whether the Filter By field is empty or not empty. If you are filtering based on an exact match or a range of values, enter the value you want to filter by.
- Text Matching. If you are filtering based on an exact match, you can enter "wildcard" characters to specify possible matches. You can use "?" (question mark) to represent any single character and "*" (asterisk) to represent 1 or more characters. For example, specifying Item # "G*" would find all lines or items with Item #s that start with "G", while "G-???" would find only those lines or items with Item #s that start with "G-" and are followed by exactly three other characters. If the text you want to match includes a question mark or an asterisk, you can use "\" (backslash) to indicate that. For example, "G\*" would find all Items #s that are literally "G*"; "G\**" would find all Item #s that start with "G*". Wildcard characters are supported only when you are filtering based on an exact match. They are not supported when you are filtering based on a range.
- Text Ranges. If you are filtering based on a range, the ordering is: first special characters (such as spaces, punctuation, and symbols), then numbers, then capital letters, then lowercase letters. For example, Item # in range "BB100" to "BK200" will include "BD18" but not "BB 10" or "bf30". (In the first case, the space character in "BB 10" is not included between "B" and "1"; in the second case, the lowercase "b" at the beginning of "bf30" comes after the uppercase "B" in "BK200" that specifies the end of the range.)
- Dates. If you are entering a date (for either exact matches or ranges), you can enter an absolute date (mm/dd/yyyy), a relative date ("-7" for seven days previous, "+5" for five days from now), or "today". For example, you could filter by the Date created in range "-7" to "today" to find all of the lines or items created in the past week. Optionally, leave the To field blank to filter for everything after the From date. See also Additional date options in criteria.
- Click OK. The Filter By screen closes.
- For each filtering you have just added, select whether the criteria should
Exclude lines that match that filter. You can add as many filterings as you like.