Managing parcel post policies
After you ship your shipments in SmartTurn, you can optionally Parcel Post them, either manually or with a third party application.
Depending on how you choose to parcel post your shipments, parcel posting may require third party integration. You must contact your SmartTurn representative in order to obtain the third party application.
Parcel posting refers to recording parcel-specific information to be saved in your shipment record, such as tracking number and estimated charges from the parcel carrier. (This information is typically unavailable at the time you ship the shipment in SmartTurn.)
- If you choose to parcel post manually, you enter the parcel-specific information yourself. This information is then stored in your SmartTurn shipment record.
- If you choose to parcel post with a third party application, SmartTurn launches a third party parcel delivery application, ShipRush. Through ShipRush, you can send information about your shipment directly to your parcel carriers: USPS, UPS, and FedEx. You can also receive information from your parcel carriers, such as estimated charges and tracking numbers. This information is then stored in your SmartTurn shipment record.
SmartTurn has verified parcel posting functionality with ShipRush version 7.5. Additionally, preliminary validations have been completed with ShipRush version 8.0. For more information about ShipRush, see the ShipRush product documentation and select the ShipRush application you are using.
If more than one parcel post policy could apply for a shipment, the policy to apply is chosen in the following way:
- First, choose the policy that applies to the Owner.
- Then, if there is no policy that applies to the shipment Owner, choose the policy that applies to the Customer.
- Then, if there is no policy that applies to the shipment Customer, choose the policy that applies to the Warehouse.
- Always choose the more specific policy. For example, if a shipment has a Warehouse and Customer specified, and one policy is available for the Customer, and a second policy is available for the Warehouse and the particular Customer, then the second policy is applied.
You can create, edit, and delete parcel post policies under Fulfillment>Parcel Post Policies. You can change the policy for a particular shipment when you parcel post that shipment.