Creating a blind receipt on a mobile device
To create a blind receipt:
- From the main menu, select Receiving>Add Blind Receipt. The Add Blind Receipt screen appears.
- By default, the receipt header displays.
- The Custom Fields link for the receipt displays at the top. If your administrator has defined custom fields, you can view and/or modify information in those fields after clicking this link.
- Below the Custom Fields link, optionally enter the business affiliates (Vendor, Owner, Broker, Carrier) for the receipt.
- Click the link for the type of business affiliate you want to assign. A list of valid business affiliates for that type appears. Note that if you enter an Owner, then all of the other business affiliates on the document must have a Business Affiliate Owner that is either not set or is set to that Owner, and all of the items must have an Owner that is either not set or is set to that Owner.
- Select a business affiliate from the list. The business affiliate list closes, and the business affiliate you selected displays on the Add Blind Receipt screen. Repeat as necessary with other business affiliate types.
- Enter the other header information for the Receipt. You can enter the Shipment Reference, the Container #, the Dock #, the Bill of lading, and any Comments. You can also set the Receipt Date for the receipt, and for the items on it; if you want all of the items you receive to have the same date as the date of record for this receipt, check the box Use as item receipt date.
- When you are finished filling in receipt header information, click the Hide header link. The (empty) list of receipt items displays.
- To add an item:
- Click Add Item. A list of item masters appears. Click an item link or enter or scan the Item ID and/or Product ID and/or Description, then click OK.
- The Add Item screen appears. Fields with asterisks '*' are required. Make sure you specify a Location for putaway, and any other attributes of the item your operation requires for receiving. Items on the receipt that are Expiration Date Controlled cannot be received without an Expire date. If needed, change the Putaway UoM. By default, inventory items are putaway (stored) in their Standard Unit.
- If your operation requires it, view or enter data for the measurements for either the line item being received (Cube, Dim Wt, Pallets) or the item being put away (Putaway Cube, Putaway Dim Wt, Putaway Pallets), by clicking Edit Measurements. View or enter the required data, then click OK. (Most of the time, these measurements are identical, but they may be different for example if you remove protective packaging before storing the item.)
- If your operation requires it, view or enter any data for custom fields by clicking Custom Fields. The Custom Fields screen appears. View or enter the required data, then click OK to save any modifications to the receipt item, or Cancel, to cancel any modifications to the custom fields.
- To edit an item:
- Click the item link. Edit item details and select OK, OR
- Select Edit Item and then enter or scan the Item ID and/or Product ID and/or Description, then select OK. Edit item details and select Save, OR
- Scan the item and press the Enter button on the mobile device. This has the same effect as tapping Edit Item on the screen.
- Make sure you specify a Location for putaway, and any other attributes of the item your operation requires for receiving.
- To delete an item: Click del on the right.
- To split or split by quantity a non-serial controlled receipt item: See Splitting Receipt Items - Mobile. (Serial-controlled items automatically split by quantity on receipts so that you can enter a unique serial number into each line item of a receipt.)
- To create a license #: Click the Create lic # link. Enter details to use the default values generated by SmartTurn. Click OK to save the newly created license number to that item. Or click Cancel to return without creating a new license number for that item.
- To remove a license #: Click the Remove lic # link. The license number is removed from this item.
- When you have added all the items, click Recv All. You will receive confirmation that you received the blind receipt.
- To cancel out of the blind receipt, click Cancel. SmartTurn asks, "Are you sure...?" If you click "Yes", a confirmation message indicates that you have cancelled out of the receipt. The receipt remains in
Saved status and can be permanently cancelled by logging in to the SmartTurn desktop application.