Creating a kit order: kit to stock
To create a kit order:
- Select Kitting Manager>Kit Orders. A list of kit orders appears.
If you have a multi-warehouse operation, make sure you have selected the correct warehouse from the Warehouse drop-down up above.
- Select Add up above. The Add Kit Order screen appears.
- The Kit Order Date defaults to today's date. You can override this default date by picking a date with the calendar tool to the right of the Kit Order Date field.
- Optionally, enter a Due Date for the order.
- As applicable, enter an active Owner, Vendor, Broker, and/or Customer from your SmartTurn business affiliates.
If you enter an Owner on the kit order, then all of the other business affiliates on the document must have a Business Affiliate Owner that is either not set or is set to the Owner on the kit order, and all of the items to produce must have an item master Owner that is either not set or is set to the Owner on the kit order.
- The Warehouse field indicates the warehouse to fulfill the kit order in. (This field is read only and is based on the Warehouse you selected from the drop-down at the top of the screen.)
- Under the Comments tab, you can enter special instructions.
- The Billing tab is only available if you have entered an Owner. It contains information on any charges for this kit order.
- The History tab shows any changes to the kit order.
- Down below, under Items to Produce, click Add. A Lookup Item Master screen appears.
- Only item masters that are the output product of kit specifications are listed. Select items to produce from the list of item masters by selecting the check box to the left, then selecting OK at the bottom.
- Select a value from the Show Availability Data drop-down according to how much availability information to display for your items. Then click Search. See Item Master Lookup screen instructions.
- For each item that you add to the Items to Produce table,
- key in the Desired Qty of that item.
- select the Kit Specification to use to assemble the item. (The default specification is based on your kitting policies, if any.)
- optionally, enter a Lot #. (You will also have the opportunity to enter the Lot # on the kit, when you are actually assembling the goods.)
- optionally, edit the Cube, Dim Wt, and Pallets. (By default, these values are taken from the item master record of the item you are assembling, but you can change them here. When you change the Desired Qty, the Cube, Dim Wt, and Pallets measurements are automatically updated to reflect your changes. You can also key in the Cube, Dim Wt, and Pallets measurements directly.)
- optionally, edit any custom fields. The default value is taken from the item master.
- When finished, select Save or Save & Continue Editing below to save the kit order. A View kit order screen displays. From here, you can do the following:
- Return to the list of kit orders by selecting Return To List.
- Edit the order further by selecting Edit.
- Kit the order by selecting Kit, or kit part of the order by keying in a Kit Qty and selecting Partial Kit.
- Copy the order by selecting Copy.
- Cancel the order by selecting Cancel Kit Order.
- Plan (examine details for) the order components by selecting Plan.
- View or change the pick policy to use for the component items by looking at the Current Pick Policy or selecting Override Current Policy.