Viewing a kit order
A kit order is a document that specifies goods to be produced, assembled, or manufactured in your warehouse. Any goods added to a kit order must have at least one kit specification that describes how to create them.
To view kit orders:
Select Kitting Manager>Kit Orders. A list of kit orders appears. If needed, you can filter or sort the list.
If you have a multi-warehouse operation, make sure you have selected the correct warehouse from the Warehouse drop-down up above.
To view a specific kit order:
- From Kitting Manager>Kit Orders, double-click the record or highlight the record and click View. The kit order displays. General kit order information is up above and a list of items to produce is below.
- To edit the order, select the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. More info...
- To plan the order, select the Plan button at the bottom of the screen. You can examine the components and make sure you have the inventory items necessary to fulfill the order. More info...
- To unplan the order, select the Unplan button at the bottom of the screen. The Component Items and By-Product Items tables are removed, and the order returns to status
Saved. You can plan the order again at a later time.More info...
- To change the pick policy for the component items, check the checkbox next to Override Current Policy and select another policy from the drop-down list. (The Current Pick Policy is displayed immediately above.)
- To kit the entire order, select the Kit button at the bottom of the screen.
To kit only part of the order, key in the Kit Qty for the line(s) in the Items to Produce table that you want to kit. Then, select the Partial Kit button at the bottom of the screen.
In both cases, the Add Kit screen appears, and you can specify the exact inventory items to assemble the kit, including pick location, serial #, etc., and then build the products. More info...
- To copy the order, select the Copy button at the bottom of the screen. More info...
- To cancel the order, select the Cancel button at the bottom of the screen. More info...
To export the Kit Orders list to a spreadsheet:
- Sort or filter your list to isolate the group of records you want to export. You can also export the entire list, unfiltered, if you want. You can export up to 10,000 records.
- Click Export from the toolbar. The Export pop-up appears.
Important: Do not close this pop-up. Closing the pop-up cancels your request for exported data. If needed, you can minimize the Export pop-up.
- Optionally, continue working in SmartTurn while your export request is being processed.
Note: You can only create one export request at a time. However, you can continue with all of your other work in SmartTurn.
- When the export is complete, a dialog opens asking you if you want to open or save the file.
- Select Save. Save the file to a directory on your machine.
- A spreadsheet appears with the data you selected. SmartTurn exports many attributes of your data, not just the columns you see in the list view.
- At this time, it is safe to close your Export pop-up. Select Close if the pop-up does not automatically close once your export is complete.