Assigning a warehouse
To assign a warehouse to a user:
- Go to Administration>Users. A list of users displays.
- Highlight a user in the list, and click Edit User up above. An Edit User screen appears.
- To filter the list: If there are too many users in the list for you to locate the one you want, you can filter the list using the Filter and Contains fields above. More info...
- To sort the list: Click any of the column labels. If the list has more than 25 users, SmartTurn creates additional list pages. When you click the column labels to sort the list, SmartTurn includes all the users from the overflow pages in the sort.
- Under the Warehouses tab, select Add Warehouse in the table below the All Warehouse check box option. A Warehouse Search screen appears.
In order to appear in the Warehouse Search screen window, a warehouse must already be configured at Administration>Warehouses. More info...
- Select a warehouse from the list by checking the box to the left of the warehouse you want to add.
If the list is too long, enter part or all of the warehouse name in the search box at the top of the screen. Click Search. Search results display in the screen.
- Click OK. The screen closes, and the warehouse displays in the list of the user's warehouses. You can also now select the newly added warehouse as an option in the Default Warehouse View drop-down list.
- Select Save to create the new user.
To learn more about how warehouses intersect with users, see Managing a user's access.
To learn more about how permissions bring together roles and users, see Understanding permissions.