At SmartTurn, we realize that your inventory or warehouse management system (WMS) is not a standalone system. The ability to share information about purchases, orders, shipments, and inventory levels with systems used by your sales, accounting, and customer service teams is essential. SmartTurn's integration process provides companies with accurate, real-time inventory and warehouse information, regardless of which system they're viewing. Because SmartTurn is on-demand, integrations are managed by SmartTurn and shared across all our customers. The advantage: You don't need to create and manage them yourself.
The greatest efficiencies in the warehouse are achieved when the WMS fluidly exchanges information with accounting/ERP systems, barcode scanners, ecommerce systems, and many others. These systems may not be owned and run by you, but instead by your supplier, client, business partner or all three. Typical SmartTurn integrations include:
- Accounting & Order Management Systems such as QuickBooks, NetSuite and many others
- Barcode inventory control using scanners & mobile computing
- eCommerce systems including Magento and others
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- And many others
Integration Security & Access Control
From data entering and exiting the system to integration with external applications, the SmartTurn application uses the strongest encryption to protect customer data and communications, including 128-bit VeriSign SSL Certifications and 1024-bit RSA public keys.
In addition, all integrations leverage SmartTurn's robust access control model to ensure that only those parties with the appropriate permissions are allowed to access information and perform transactions, based on their organization and role.
SmartTurn supports several data translation methods including EDI (EDIFACT, X12), XML, Flat Files and Databases that allow your company to move documents between systems, send and receive notifications and streamline process flows. This is achieved through communication methods including SOAP over HTTPS, among others.
Examples of Supported X12 EDIFACT Documents:
- 846 - Inventory Inquiry/Advice
- 850 - Purchase Order
- 855 - Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- 856 - Ship Notice/Manifest (ASN)
- 858 - Shipment Information (Bill of Lading)
- 860 - Purchase Order Change
- 865 - Purchase Order Change Acknowledgement
- 861 - Receiving Advice
- 869 - Order Status Inquiry
- 940 - Warehouse Shipping Order
- 945 - Warehouse Shipping Advice
- 947 - Warehouse Inventory Adjustment Advice
The SmartTurn model enables your organization to integrate to any application including custom-built applications, legacy systems, spreadsheets or online solutions. Integration with SmartTurn is supported through three methods:
- Pre-Built Integrations - SmartTurn is connected to many applications with pre-built process flows allowing you to quickly connect and go-live with reduced implementation cycles. SmartTurn is currently integrated with several applications including: customer relationship management, point of sale, web stores, ecommerce/shopping carts, order management, barcode labeling, parcel posting, transportation management, RF and RFID mobile solutions, procurement, freight optimization and floor automation.
- SmartTurn APIs - Connect one or all of your applications directly to SmartTurn's inventory and warehouse management system through Web services or .NET XML. APIs support processes, documents and data including Purchase Orders, Receipts, Inventory Adjustments, Cycle Counts, Bin Transfers, Sales Orders, Shipments, Parcel Posting, Canceled Orders/Items, Item Masters, Locations, Business Affiliates, 3PL Billing and Item Transaction/Activity.
- Import/Export - Importing has never been easier with an easy-to-use interface and pre-built templates to import inbound and outbound orders, licenses/tags, locations, items, business affiliates and more. Or, update key contacts, item attributes and price/costs with two clicks. Imports and updates are validated ensuring the existence of an item allowing your staff to concentrate on critical tasks without messy spreadsheets and unnecessary review. In addition, SmartTurn has exports readily available throughout many processes within the system.
Reasons to Integrate
Synchronization and updates
- Sync all records at once, or on an order-by-order basis
- Sync inventory adjustments from SmartTurn to your system
- Update your vendors, customers, carriers, brokers and owners
- Create purchase orders and sales orders in SmartTurn based on your ERP system
- Automatically create inventory receipts with or without a bill based on a purchase
- Automatically create customer invoice in your financial application based on a shipment
- Update corresponding orders in your application as closed or invoiced
- Automatically create item masters, customers and suppliers in SmartTurn
- Reconcile inventory values between SmartTurn and your financial application
- Integrate with new or existing technologies
- Direct data integration to stay connected and flexible when you need to
- Expand parcel shipping to UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS with an integrated weighing scale
- Integrating with your customers or trading partners is simple—you can even add an ordering, inventory control and status web-page link to your website with role-based, secure logins for your best customers or trading partners.
Efficiencies, Accuracies and Real-time Data
- Accurate Data - With SmartTurn, your Financial Systems inventory data is now backed by accurate, timely inventory levels coming from your warehouse. No more batch-mode reconciliations, manual or duplicate data entry errors. Your QuickBooks inventory, NetSuite inventory, or other system data is always in synch with your WMS system.
- Real-time Data - All customer, trading partner, item masters, quantity, adjustments, shipping, and inventory level information stays accurate in real-time, allowing you to view real inventory status any time you need to.
- Efficiency Through Workflows - Improve customer service levels through higher order fill rates, lower safety stock, misplaced inventory, shrinkage and improve average order cycles, and control your cash-to-cash inventory cycle.
- Mobile-ready - SmartTurn has a Windows CE/Mobile client ready to go at no extra cost or fuss for automating your warehouse with wireless bar-coding, RFID, or cycle counting.
- Atlas RFID
- Innovative Automation
- Mercury Gate
- Microsoft Dynamics-GP
- NetSuite Oracle E-Business Suite
- QuickBooksSage MAS 90/200/500
- SAP ERP
- WASP Barcode Systems