Roles combined with business affiliates
You structure your roles in SmartTurn around which permissions are appropriate for which types of users.
When you create the role, you set the Business Affiliate Type (your employees or your business affiliates). When you assign the role to the user, you set the Agent for to the specific company involved (for example, a specific customer).
The available Business Affiliate Types are:
- Employee: Employee is the business affiliate type for roles that are for employees of your company.
- Customer: Customer is the business affiliate type for roles for companies or partners to whom you sell and ship goods.
- Vendor: Vendor is the business affiliate type for roles that are for a vendor or supplier who provides goods to your company, thus fulfilling purchase orders.
- Carrier: Carrier is the business affiliate type for roles that are for transportation logistics service providers you work with.
- Owner: Owner is the business affiliate type for roles that are for owners of inventory that your company stores. If your company is a 3PL (Third-party Logistics operator), you may have "Owner" roles so that inventory owners can have access to see their inventory. If your company is not a 3PL, you probably won't be using roles that have "Owner" as their business affiliate type.
- Broker: Broker is the business affiliate type for roles that are assigned to third-party agents or intermediaries who conduct transactions and/or services on your behalf or on behalf of other business affiliates in your network.