Viewing purchase orders
A purchase order is a document that specifies commodities ordered from a specific vendor, as well as the cost, terms, and conditions of that order.
To view purchase orders:
Select Ordering>Purchase Orders. A list of purchase orders appears. If needed, you can filter or sort the list.
If you have a multi-warehouse operation, make sure you have selected the correct warehouse from the Warehouse drop-down up above.
To view a specific purchase order:
From Ordering>Purchase Orders, double-click the record or highlight the record and click View. The purchase order displays. General purchase order information is up above and a list of purchase order items is below.
- To view individual PO items, check the box to the left of the line item, and click View.
- To receive selected items on the PO, check the box to the left of the line item, and click Receive selected.
- To export the PO items to a spreadsheet, click Export on the toolbar above the list of items. A file download window appears. Save the file to a directory on your computer. See also, Exporting a purchase order to a spreadsheet, in this section.
To view descriptions of any fields in the PO form: See Purchase order field descriptions in this section.
To export the Purchase Orders list to a spreadsheet:
- Sort or filter your list to isolate the group of records you want to export. You can also export the entire list, unfiltered, if you want. You can export up to 10,000 records.
Click Export from the toolbar. The Export pop-up appears.
Important: Do not close this pop-up. Closing the pop-up cancels your request for exported data. If needed, you can minimize the Export pop-up.
Optionally, continue working in SmartTurn while your export request is being processed.
Note: You can only create one export request at a time. However, you can continue with all of your other work in SmartTurn.
- When the export is complete, a dialog opens asking you if you want to open or save the file.
- Select Save. Save the file to a directory on your machine.
- A spreadsheet appears with the data you selected. SmartTurn exports many attributes of your data, not just the columns you see in the list view.
- At this time, it is safe to close your Export pop-up. Select Close if the pop-up does not automatically close once your export is complete.